1. If you have communicated with several men, and all of them have cancelled at the last minute on you, have you considered the chance that its the same man, possibly getting enjoyment out of playing you along? (Does the wording appear the same in the flow of the conversations, are there any similarities?).
2. Are you asking for gifts upfront? (This may seem like a good idea at first, but if they are new to arrangements, this may only add to their nervousness).
3. Are the places your choosing to meet too upscale? (Compared to what’s normal or comfortable with their lifestyles?).
4. Are you asking questions in a way that they seem to be interrogating? (As if you’re searching for too much information, trying to nail down the specifics before meeting i.e. sexual boundaries, date ideas, the exchange of money, that may lead to them being uncomfortable? You may appear to be a cop).
5. Are you asking for money upfront? (This may lead them to believe you’re more of an Escort, than a Sugar Baby, men tend to be big into semantics regarding this).
6. Are you giving them an impression that there is more that you won’t do in an arrangement, than what you will do? (Be/appear more positive than negative.)
7. Are you chatting with them in Skype, FaceTime etc? (That old saying, “why buy the cow, when the milk is free”).
8. Are you over the age of consent in your state/province/country? (If not, you are placing him and yourself in a legally risky/punishable situation).
9. Have you mentioned that you know them personally or possibly recognize them from photos you have exchanged, or have been to where they work etc. (The type of details that might freak them out a little…as you would be if they knew it about you?).
10. If you have their contact information, are you using it too much? (Emails, calling, texting?).
11. Are you using proper and polite grammar? (You want to appear more mature, educated and lady like. I rarely use generational slang or abbreviations etc even if they do!!).
12. Have you told them about the other men cancelling on you? (They may not hold value in you if they know others have cancelled numerous times, its mean but reality).
13. Have you implied that you’ve had numerous meetings? (Hoping to impress them and not appear to be naive, only to make them think that this is just a gig for you, and that you don’t value them?).
14. Are you exchanging intimate pictures before meeting? They could just want your pictures to add to their “collection”. (Do not ever exchange revealing pictures with anyone, especially ones with your face or identifiable tattoos).
15. Are you appearing too eager or too quick to meet, that it doesn’t feel natural or allows enough “processing” time to digest what’s happening/what’s not happening while meeting? (Eagerness isn’t good if it leads him to think that you are desperate).
Don’t rush into things, go slow, use the time to get to know them in a way that it appears that you are interested in them, while gathering information in a timely but sensitive way, and allow yourself the opportunity to research them to be able to come to your own conclusions. Maybe you’ll see that you were better off NOT meeting them anyway!
I wouldn’t take it personally, but I would try changing up a little of how you possibly interact with them and see if it helps.
Please feel free to add on ;)
(This is in response to an anon who asked me about why men are cancelling their meetings with her, after everything seems to be going great and its happened to her more than once with men she’s met from CL. I accidentally deleted it, sorry!)